I finally managed to rebuild my homepage on CentOS6 and Trac 0.12. The old Fedora 8 and Trac 0.10 setup was getting to be an embarrassment. Especially since spammers had started registering accounts and filing tickets and adding comments to the tickets hawking their wares. Apparently the spam filtering functionality had bitrotted while I wasn't looking.
User-visible changes of note:
- Your RSS reader likely thinks that what's old is new again.
- I cleaned out all the spammer accounts. If I killed yours in my spammer slaughter, I apologize; please, reregister.
- The blog plugin I was using with Trac 0.10 was obsoleted by the FullBlogPlugin for Trac 0.11 and 0.12.
- The new plugin puts all blog posts under /blog instead of /wiki, so old blog post URLs are broken. (Adding redirects or something for those is on my todo list.)
- The new plugin also doesn't support 'above the fold' display of posts on the main page. (Another thing on the todo list.)
- The new plugin supports comments; we'll see how that goes.
- I added a favicon to replace the Trac pawprint.
If you run into a problem with the new site, no matter how minor, please let me know so I can fix it.